Thursday, January 12, 2006

I am starting my second day of classes at NCA. I really enjoy the students, they are a lively bunch of students. The school is unique because the students, whether Nicaraguan, North American, or Korean, will talk to each other in rapid Spanish in class. So I'm only understanding half of what is going on in a classroom. If I was a full time teacher, I think this would be a bit of a problem to try to manage the classroom. The students can all speak English, since Spanish is many of their first languages it is easier to talk in Spanish to one another. I have found the students to be quite warm and open. One of my 9th and 10th grade boys PE class is really great. One of the students Richardo is a bit slower than the others, but he always gives 100%. The other boys in the class are extremely patient by helping him in class, and they make sure to include him in all the activities. Today, I watched Chan help Richardo learn how to properly hit a softball during one of the drills, and it was so encouraging seeing them working together. Scenes like that help confirm my desire to be a teacher and help me get through hard days.

1 Comments:

At 9:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i just wanted to leave a comment. so here it is.

-kate

 

Post a Comment

<< Home