Saturday, October 13, 2007

Theodicy - I don't really understand it all...

Reformed theology is "sound, structured, logical", but how does it apply to real life? Sometimes the intellectual abstract ideas and truths don't really hit into real life. How can a God who is Sovereign, Good, Loving, Merciful let such horrible things happen in the world. Yes I believe God is in control of everything, but why does He let people suffer so much on earth. I just found out that one of my best friend's mom has cancer-it's like they can't get a break from the destruction of sin in their life. I know He's going to renew everything when Jesus comes again, but it's hard to find real comfort right here on earth and right now. God doesn't promise us a peaceful or easy existence on earth, and He doesn't have to explain why He allows good and bad things to happen. It would just be much easier for us if He did; I guess that's were faith comes in to fill in the gaps. It's still hard, and it still sucks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home