Monday, July 02, 2007

Florence, Italy

I wish I had room to buy some local artwork, but I didn't think I could get it back to the US in decent shape.
Sunset...
The Cathedral - Santa Maria del Fiore was started in 1296 by Arnolfo di Cambio. Many artists worked on Santa Maria del Fiore, such as Giotto, Donatello, Paolo Uccello, Ghiberti and Luca Della Robbia. It is massive...in general churches in Europe of massive and so ornate.This painted on the ceiling of the church. The at the bottom of the painting depicted graphic scenes from Hell and then moved up heaven and Christ. Intersting building...I think it has a lot of character.
The view from our hostel...not to bad!




Outdoor replica of Michelangelo's David. We saw the real David in the Accademia Gallery, but we weren't allowed to take any pictures.

1 Comments:

At 4:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

sweet pictures sarah. i'm supprised you took the last one and were not too awkward about it.

also your comment on my blog made me laugh.

-mike kramer

 

Post a Comment

<< Home