Sunday, May 14, 2006

Well...God keeps me on my toes. When I feel that He is leading me in a certain direction, then He opens up other opportunities. I was planning on attending Calvin Seminary in the fall. I had registered for classes and found an apartment to live in. I made up a budget and everything. I was ready to go in August. But at church today, a recruiter from a Christian school in Austria asked me to consider teaching in their school, Vienna Christian School. They are in desperate need of a high school Bible teacher. They need to know by the end of the week my decision. It's a 2 year commitment. I have to raise almost $38,500 in about 2 months. AHHH!!! In my mind my first reaction was, "No, I have my plans set..." Then I started to think, well it would be a great experience and maybe this is where God wants me to be. I am not sure. Both choices seem amazing and something that I want to do. I just don't know which one I should do first. I was wondering if you could pray for discernment for me, as try to make this decision.

4 Comments:

At 5:57 PM, Blogger Jeffy said...

Vienna would be sweet.

Calvin will still be there in two years

Vienna winner by K.O.

 
At 10:12 AM, Blogger Rachel:) said...

wow! Sarah, you are amazing! I agree with jeff, calvin will still be there in two years! Blessings!

 
At 4:14 PM, Blogger mike kramer said...

Vienna would be a really cool idea. if you are going to be spending money, it should be far off in some exciting place, not in smeelly ol' michigan.

 
At 10:29 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

i am in consensus with everyone else who has posted. go to vienna. take it from someone who is currently doing what you have the possiblity of doing (except of course i am in nicaragua). two years is not a long time, but it enought time for you to get to know yourself, what God desires you to be AND if you want to be a Bible teacher than this is your chance. plus going into Calvin with some experience under your belt will make you more prepared and possibly more focused. frankly i am jealous.

go get 'em tiger.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home