Wednesday, February 28, 2007

New Quarter and New Outlook

Well, I've completed my 3rd day of classes. I think that I'm going to enjoy most of them. I'm a bit nervous for my Philosophy for Understanding Theology class, but the other classes seem okay. I'm going to be busier this quarter because I have 6 classes as compared to last quarter. I'm going to try to learn Greek and Hebrew at the same time. Hopefully that will go well.

In other news, I had a great weekend with my friend Sarah Franken. It was good to see a familiar face. I just found out that I will be doing a 5 week internship in July and August at Grace and Peace ministry in Chicago. I'm not sure exactly what I'll be doing, but I might have an opportunity to work in a battered women's shelter and help with an ESL program. Most of the people that I will be working with speak Spanish. I was told that it wasn't going to be too large of a problem if I can't speak Spanish. Before I go I'll try to brush up on it. It'll be hard to dedicate a lot of time because I'm going to try to make a lot of head way in Hebrew over the summer.

Lastly, last night I came home to find a huge box with my name on it. My dad sent me a care package with food to snack on while studying! I was so surprised! It was amazing! It's so nice to be reminded of the people that love and support me through my journey at seminary. I love my dad; seriously he's great. If you haven't met him, you should...

Well I better go. I am trying to figure out tax stuff. It's such a headache. I'm almost done, but I can't find my information from last tax season. It's somewhere in my house in Pella...I think. I can't find any information on it-I'm sure I filed it, but I don't know if the was completely processed. I don't know...it's frustrating. The upside is that it's getting warmer in Grand Rapids.

1 Comments:

At 11:16 PM, Blogger Mike E said...

sounds like fun classes to me except the languages... I like the computer dictionaries for Greek and Hebrew.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home