Monday, February 05, 2007

Got Snow?

We have so much snow in Michigan. Seriously it's slightly ridiculous. It all seemed to come on Friday and Saturday. I was unimpressed with the snow plowing ability of the city of Grand Rapids; even the main streets were still full of snow. Yesterday, almost every church, besides one CRC church and the Korean churches, was canceled.

Today all the schools, including elementary, high schools, and universities were closed; well except for Calvin College and Seminary. One professor said the reason why Calvin Seminary doesn't close is because we're all adults. We can chose if we want to go to school or not. I don't think that every professor has that feeling. Today, I chose to exercise my power as an adult. I choose not to go to Greek this morning, it was a great decision. Maybe I make that decision too often, but at least I'm still doing well in the class...

I'm trying to finish the quarter strong, but it's getting harder and harder. I still have to research and write a 12 page paper...I'm nervous about it. I don't really know how to write a 12 page research history paper. The professor does not want ANY filler. We're not allowed to reflect or write our opinion, and he wants us to present facts. My topic is Wilhemus a Brakel's understanding of original and actual sin. Until I was given the topic, I didn't even know who Brakel was, but I guess he's a famous Friesan Reformed thinker of the 17th century. I'm slightly petrified to start it; oh well one day at time right?

1 Comments:

At 4:52 PM, Blogger mike kramer said...

sounds like a good time to try snowboarding again.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home