Friday, January 26, 2007

Some time for fun

Even though I'm busy with school; I still make time for fun. Last weekend, I went snow skiing and snowboarding for the first time. I first started out skiing, and my first run was a bit rough. By the third run, I seemed to have it down. Skiing was a lot easier than I thought it was, so then I thought that I should move on to snow boarding. I had heard that snow boarding was hard, but I thought I'd be able to get the handle of it. Well, no one told me anything about how to snow board. My first run took me 20+ minutes to get down the hill. I lost count how many times that I feel, and sometimes when I got my self up, I'd fall 10 seconds later. It was funny but so tiring. Getting up was hard to do because you're feet are tied together on the board. During my spill down the hill, I had managed to veer extremely to the left, and almost hit the snow machine and ran into a mound a snow.I finally got to the bottom, and I was about 300+ feet away from the lift back to the top of the hill. No one told me how to get my feet out of the snow board, I tried to fiddle with the straps, but I couldn't get it. I ended hopping all the way to the lift. There was not anyone around to ask how to take off the straps because I was so far away from the lift. Finally I asked an older guy, but he was skiing and didn't know anything about snow boarding. Then I saw this 12-14 year old kid, and he looked at me like a was a moron and loosened my straps on my board. It took him like 10 seconds. The next couple of runs were just as horrilee. As I was going down the hills, I heard people making fun of me from the lifts. By the end of the night, I was tired, wet, and bruised, but I had gotten better. I made it down the hill 2x without falling (okay so it was the bunny hill, but it was still kinda big). The next 2 days I could barely lift my arms above my chest. All in all, I loved it and hope to go again soon.

3 Comments:

At 1:37 PM, Blogger Jeffy said...

haha! you should have gotten lessons.

speed is your friend snowboarding, you don't want to go over a lot of flat stuff cuz you won't get anywhere.

Yellowstone is mostly in Wyoming, but it's closer to me than Glacier, but i've never been to glacier so maybe you'll give me an excuse to visit

 
At 6:31 PM, Blogger Sam said...

yeah man, first time I tried snowboarding I could hardly walk when I was done. It's overrated if you ask me, but then again, I sucked it up.

 
At 7:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sarah, I still have bruises from that night! Still--I want to go again. Was hoping to go tonight, but no, the boys chose the SuperBowl. Ah well, my body could probably use the extra recovery time. Would you be up for it next Sunday?

-Melinda

 

Post a Comment

<< Home