Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Chicago!

I've escaped Grand Rapids for a week and half in Chicago. I've been enjoying running by the lake in the mornings (well whenever I decide to get out of bed), watching TV, hanging out with my college friends, and exploring the city. Also, I went to an old motorcycle bar called the Twisted Spoke with Sarah and a woman from her church. I ate a half pound burger with everything on it-it was soooo good.

Here's the story of one of my marriage proposal...

The waiter questioned me, "Are you sure you want everything on it? It has like 4 kinds of cheese on it."
Me, "Why, not?"
He responded, "That's so awesome."
I finished the hamburger and ate some of my fries and the pickle. He came back and asked, "Did you eat the whole thing without any help?"
Me, "Yep." That was all I could muster because I was so full.
He asked, "If you like beer, I'd marry you."
Me, "I like beer too." I thought he was going to buy me one, but no luck.
He went on to say something about me probably not wanting his number (which was true.) I was having trouble listening to him since I was so full. Here's the documentary...

The beginning....
Yum...
I could barely get it in my mouth. There were like 6 pieces of bacon (not the thin precooked kind).
After the first bite...
I'm sooo happy right now. It's so good.The end...I'm wishing I would have stopped 20 bites ago. I was experiencing a massive food coma.

4 Comments:

At 12:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is the funniest thing ever. You look so ILL in that last picture!

 
At 10:33 PM, Blogger Justin said...

i would trade you all of the kimchi in korea for one bite of that burger.

 
At 11:41 AM, Blogger mike kramer said...

only a half pound eh?

 
At 8:19 PM, Blogger Rachel:) said...

I really dislike burgers, but yours did look very nice as well, i enjoyed the documetnary!:) how are you these days? how is school?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home