Sunday, January 29, 2006

Last week went by so fast! Most of my lessons went really well. I was a bit of a nervous reck before class started, but as the class period went on I started to relax. My tennis lessons in PE are very interesting. Most of the students have never played tennis let alone own a racket. The school doesn't have any tennis rackets or good tennis balls, so I had to improvise a bit. The tennis balls that the school have are very old and don't bounce very well. I asked the students to bring rackets from home, and we are using new tennis balls from a missionary couple who are avid tennis players. I have also asked some of the teachers if I could borrow thier rackets, and luckily I brought 2 of my own rackets from home. It is hard to plan a lesson becuase I never know how many tennis rackets I'll have for each class. I have at least 5 rackets for each class plus however many rackets the students bring. One class has had enough rackets for each person in the class, but I also had another class where there were only 6 rackets and 18 students. I am learning how to be very flexible and go with the flow while teaching!
The weather has been exceptionally cool and rainy, which is so nice! It's been about 80-85 degrees each day, and at night it gets down to 65 or so. I'm trying to enjoy it as much as possible before it gets ridiculously hot in March and April.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home