Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Yesterday I taught my first full class. I had spent over 10 hours preparing for the Bible 12 class, but 15 minutes before class started I felt panicky. I did not feel at all prepared, and I thought that the lesson was going to go horribly. My supervising teacher Mr. Bantz told me to calm down, but my heart was still racing as the students entered the classroom. I am teaching a unit about music and our responsibilities to the arts as Christians. The class period went by so fast, and the students were really participating in the class discussion. Before I knew it, I only had 3 minutes left in the class, and I had only gotten through half of my lesson! I'm really excited to teach the class again on Wednesday, and hopefully I will be less stressed about the period. Thank you for all of your prayers, they really worked!

2 Comments:

At 9:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear the class went well. I'll continue to pray for you and your students. Have a great day.

 
At 11:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

10 hours for one class? that's crazy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home