Friday, March 31, 2006

Yesterday I had one of those class periods that never ends. I was teaching 1st grade PE. It was the last period of the day and it was hot outside. The kids were not listening, following directions, and participating. It was so frustrating. One boy named Franz, the name itself conjures images of a spoiled brat, was the worst behaving student of all. He has absolutely no regard for authority or respect for people. During class he was misbehaving, and I told him to behave during class. He threw up his arm/elbow to get away from me and hit me in the face. It didn't hurt, but it's the principle of it. Franz is the typical spoiled rich kid with no discipline at home. Everyday at lunch time, his maid comes to school with his lunch and spoon feeds it to him. He'll be jumping around on the picnic table, and she'll hold out a spoonful of food waiting for him to stop moving and take a bite. It's hard for me not to really dislike him, but he does have his moments. He's one of the cutest boys, and sometimes he does things that are ridiculously funny. You can't help but smile and laugh The class and I made it to the end of the day without blowing up at the kids. I'm ready to tackle the class again, but I'm going to use reinforcement. I am going to combine the 11th and 12th grade PE class with the 1st grade class. I am hoping that the class will be more under control. I guess I'll find out on Tuesday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home