Monday, March 06, 2006

I am sorry that I haven't written in a long time. Last week, I started observing elementary PE classes. The kids are full of energy and want to participate in class. The elementary PE teacher is very patient and kind to the kids, but he lacks direction and discipline in his classroom. The school is working with him to develop his talents and gifts, and he seems very open to suggestions. I am very excited because there is a physical education teacher from Canada that is going to help with classes. He will be able to give advice and suggestions about activities and teaching methods from his teaching experience. In a week, I'm going to start to teaching classes next week, and I'm really excited to startt teaching again.

Each semester the junior high and high school students have a field day. I spent the day with the 7th and 8th graders, and we traveled to Rancho Ebenezer. I was excited to return to the ranch after spending time there on AMOR. The walls that we helped slap concrete on were finished and painted. The fences and gates that we painted looked very nice. The kids had a good time and learned a lot about farming and conservation.

This weekend the school had a fundraiser call Festival 2006. The day was full of games, good food, sports activities, and venders. It's a great opportunity for parents and teachers to interact, and families of the school to get to know each other at the festival. This is a picture with some of my Korean students. It is fun to interact with them, and they are very forgiving when I mispronounce their names.


These are 2 other teachers at NCA. The teacher on the left is Leah De Nooy. She is the 3rd grade teacher and graduate of Dordt College. The teacher on the right is Rachel Pontier. She is my roommate and my cooperating teacher. She is the high school PE teacher, and also a Dordt grad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home