Wednesday, March 15, 2006

This week, I am teaching half of each elementary physical education class. I am really enjoying teaching the elementary children because they are so excited to participate. I am teaching the students how to play basketball, and this week we are focusing on dribbling and passing. They are doing a great job, even though some of them have never played basketball before. I am excited to see them improve on their hand eye coordination and fine motor movements. I will be teaching for 4 weeks. I want to teach different sports and skills like American football and hockey that the students do not usually learn in the PE classes. The students in the classes are responding very positively to me; although, they still have trouble remembering and pronouncing my name. I also have trouble remembering and pronouncing their names too! As I look forward to the weeks, ahead I get more and more excited. I can't believe that I only have 6 more weeks here in Nicaragua. It's going so fast!

1 Comments:

At 1:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey miss!!
dont worry..were gonna make a surprise good-bye party for u!!..lol
take care
sam

 

Post a Comment

<< Home