Wednesday, March 08, 2006

I have been observing the elementary students for almost a week. They are so cute and lively, which makes a teacher stay on his or her toes. One child may decide to run away from the group and within 3 seconds 5 or 6 children are running after them. It is crazy how you can loose almost total control of your class within a couple of seconds. I am slowly learning the kid's names during class. I have a clipboard with their names and pictures; it's neat to connect the names with personalities. I hope to start teaching next week. I am also helping teach 8th grade girls' Bible class. I am going to teach a unit on Revelations in 2 weeks. The teacher was a little uncomfortable teaching the book, and I have had a college class on Revelations and taught it last summer. The only problem is that I don't have all of my notes and resources here because they are home. I am going to ask some pastors to borrow their commentaries on Revelations.

I'm involved in 2 Bible studies, which are a blessing to get to know others on a deeper level and grow in my faith. The first one 6 ladies (mostly teachers at NCA) are doing a Beth Moore Bible study on John the Beloved Disciple. The other Bible study is co-ed with some young teachers at NCA and other college age students, and we are studying a "Survey in Basic Christianity." We are going through the basics of the Christian faith and discussing and challenging each other.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home