Friday, February 24, 2006

This is my last day being with the high schoolers. Next week, I am going to take a 3 day break to finish papers and lesson plans that have to be handed in for my first segment of student teaching. Then I will start my elementary section of student teaching. I will also be teaching the girls’ 8th grade Bible class. I am trying to prepare myself for the drastic switch because teaching elementary PE is going to be very different from high school PE.
Yesterday, I saw my first Nica varsity basketball game. It was nothing like I had ever seen on a high school level. I felt like I was watching an elementary game because people were shooting at the wrong hoop. There were no plays being run, and people would decide to take random shots at the basket. Double dribbling, carry overs, traveling, and 3 second violations were fixtures in the game. I had a hard time not laughing at events in the game, but down here soccer is the main sport. If a Nicaraguan soccer team came to the States, they would demolish my high school team. This is one of the differences that I have observed in Nicaragua compared to the US.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home