Tuesday, March 28, 2006

I am learning how to surf while I am in Nicaragua. I wish that I was really good at surfing, but sadly I am not. Each time, I go out I feel like I'm getting better or learn something new. Also each time I go surfing my body gets eaten alive by the bugs, and the next day or two it's hard to rotate my shoulders. I also start to notice new bruises on my legs and arms, but I guess that is the price you have to pay to surf. On Sunday, I caught one of the best waves in my short and slightly pathetic surfing career. I stood up right away, and even started surfing to the left (usually I just surf straight-it's the easiest). I felt on top of the world, and as the wave died out I jumped off my board. When I came up for air, a small wave rammed my board right into my forehead. Needless to say, I got a big bump and a nice cut on my forehead. I asked the surfers if it was noticible....yeah it was. I continued to surf the rest of the afternoon. Luckily it has gone down quite a bit these last 2 days, and it doesn't hurt. The nice thing about having a cut on your head, it's a great conversations starter with students.

3 Comments:

At 5:31 PM, Blogger mike kramer said...

black blogs are where it is ate.

sure i would like it if people coppied my diet, but not until it is in a printable form that i can sell.

 
At 5:32 PM, Blogger mike kramer said...

i am also impressed with your ability to surf. those are excellent skills to take back to northwest iowa

 
At 4:57 PM, Blogger Rachel:) said...

Sarah! I am glad that i found your atcutal blog part, i was kinda confused!:) Anwayz, it sounds like teaching is going pretty good! i am glad that you are learning to surf! I wish you could teach me!:) Try not to die out there in the ocean!:)cheers!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home