Friday, April 07, 2006

I only have to teach 4 more class periods today before I am on Semana Santa break. I'm going to hang around Managua until Tuesday, and I'm going to try to finish up things for student teaching. I've been neglecting the assignments because I always say I'm going to do the next week. Well since I only have 2 weeks left, I better get on the ball.
After school I'm going to go surfing, I hope it will be really fun. There are a bunch of teacher going, and the waves will be 6-8ft. It doesn't sound very big, but when your looking at a wave about to break on top of you...you feel the full power of it tossing you around. So far, I have only thought that I was going to seriously die twice. Once was at San Juan del Sur on a camping/surfing trip. The waves were so much more powerful than I was used to, and the waves broke so fast without much warning. I was dropping down on a wave, but my board dipped in the water and sent my flying head over heels into the water. I didn't know which way was up in the water, but I survived. Another time was at the beach we normally go to in Managua; I was just trying to paddle threw the wave to get past the break. The wave just whipped me around in the water and made me do a couple of sommer sults. But considering I go surfing about 2x a week, 2 scary encounters aren't that bad. (Don't worry I'll promise to be careful in the future) I can't believe I only have 2 more weekends to surf before I go back to Iowa...where there will not be any surfing in the near future. Unless a massive earthquake occurs and splits North America in half...

2 Comments:

At 12:50 PM, Blogger Rachel:) said...

I hope that a huge earthquake splits North America in half, then i can go to the beach!

 
At 12:25 AM, Blogger Jeffy said...

Holy.. they put you on a shorty right away? that's harsh.

Surfing is fun

 

Post a Comment

<< Home