Sunday, April 02, 2006

My forehead has quickly healed from the surfboard ramming into about a week ago. The swelling went down after 3 days, and there wasn't even a bruise from it. The cut has healed, and the only sign left that I had in a run in with the surfboard is a 2/3” scar on my forehead. Scars are always white, which is a bad thing in my case. I am getting tanner and tanner each day. I do all of my PE teaching outside, and on the weekends I go to the beach. I put sunscreen (45spf) everyday and sometimes twice a day. When I got to the beach, I'll reapply multiple times. I know sunblock can go bad after a while, but the sunblock I brought to Nicaragua is less than a year old, and some of it is brand new. I usually try to apply it 20-30 minutes before I go out in the sun, so it can soak in. Can a person become immune to sunblock?

2 Comments:

At 4:50 PM, Blogger Jeffy said...

I heard on the news this summer that sunblock may be the cause of more cancer than it has prevented because natural exposure to sunlight makes your body produce something that fights cancer, and this process is hindered by sunblock. It's science.

 
At 3:17 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

That has got to be one of the silliest things i have ever heard. The type of cancer caused by lack of sunlight is different from the types of caner caused by over exposure. Lack of exposure to sunlight only causes cancer in "very extreme" cases whereby a person is never exposed to any sunlight (direct or indirect). Even in these cases the certainty of developing cancer is not ensured.

My point - wear sunscreen whe your in the sun...and if you're worred about not getting enough sun...as a PE teacher this not a problem.

TV IS NOT SCIENCE!!! ggeeezas

 

Post a Comment

<< Home