Sunday, October 08, 2006



It's been about 6 weeks since I have moved to Grand Rapids. I am getting better at getting around. My living situation is amazing because my housemates and I get along really great. It's such a blessing. Last week was the most stressful and busiest of my life. Last week was midterms. I had 2 midterms plus regular homework due. For three nights in a row, I got about 3 hours of sleep because I was was stressed. My stomach was in knots all week. It was a hard week, but luckily it is over now. I'm not exactly sure how well I did on the exams. I'll find out in a week or two.
We have a 2 day vacation due to Canadian Thanksgiving and reading recess day. I am so glad because I will be able to recooperate. I've been relaxing this weekend, but I have a pile of homework calling my name. I finished the last "touches" in my room, and I have put some pictures in the post.
Fall is beautiful in Michigan. The leaves are turning, and the weather is crisp. Luckily there aren't asian lady bird beetles here. I don't miss walking outside for 5 minutes and finding 10 lady bugs in my hair and on my clothes.
One weekend, some seminarians and I had a "Good Will Hunting" night. We put our names in a hat and picked another person's name. Then we had to buy that person an outfit from a thrift store. Each person put on their outfit, and we went out to eat and sang some karioke. It was a blast.

4 Comments:

At 9:40 AM, Blogger Rachel:) said...

That sounds like a totally awsome idea! YAY for breaks! I have totally enjoyed mine! I needed it so bad, but now it is coming to a close, i hope i remember how to teach! Have a good week!

 
At 7:23 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

glad to know you survived. hmm...goodwill hunting - at first i thought it was a movie reference.

sorry about cutting our chat short. the power went out (surprise surprise) and didn't come back on until, well, i don't know when since i was taking a sweaty nap. yes, i love being sticky.

 
At 10:21 PM, Blogger Tom said...

Say "HI" to Dave Van Berkel for me...

Also, I seem to have the wrong phone number for you. Can you email me it?

Talk to you soon.

 
At 2:05 PM, Blogger Mike E said...

I love the good will hunting idea by the way. Keep being your crazy self. Later, and have a great day

 

Post a Comment

<< Home