Saturday, September 02, 2006

Getting Settled

Okay, well I'm basically moved in, and I'm just trying to figure out where to put some random stuff. Orientation ended on Friday afternoon, it was long and a bit overwhelming at times. Surprisingly there are a lot of girls enrolled in seminary. Most of them aren't in the MDiv program, but they are in a program which requires them to take the same classes as me. So in my classes there are 8-10 females in each class. This is such a blessing/comfort becuase I was bracing myself to be the only one or two females in a class of 30 - 40 students. My roommates seem to be great! I have slowly gotten to know them, and they seem like very grounded and caring people. I'm excited to see how our friendship grows. I also have met a great person at seminary, and it is amazing how well we have connected in less than a week. Her name is Ashely, and she is also in the MDiv program. We have similar interests, and she graduated from Calvin so she knows the area. Also, I have reconnected with FYF friends from the program that I went on in 2002. Without those connections I wouldn't know hardly anyone in Grand Rapids or at Calvin Seminary; God is amazing! Classes start on Tuesday, and I'm a bit nervous for the intensity of the study here. But I'll adapt, my aim is to learn and not get an A. It's hard to switch your mind set to be able to be okay with B's and C's. Well, I better go and finish all of my errands.

3 Comments:

At 5:01 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

you'll do fine. KK says hi.

 
At 2:09 PM, Blogger sarah said...

It sounds like you're settling in really well. I'm glad to hear you made it through orientation, I can only imagine how intimidating it was at times. God IS good! Thinking of you!

 
At 5:03 PM, Blogger Tom said...

Hey Sarah. I'd call you except I have no home phone or cell!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home