Thursday, October 26, 2006

My car and the Psalms

My car is still not running. I'm going to call a tow truck and get it taken in. I'm not sure what's wrong with it, but it's really frustrating not to be able to get around by myself. Luckily, I can take the bus to school, and friends from school bring me places.
I can't believe that there are only a few weeks of classes left before exams. It's really crazy how fast it's going. In my class, Formation for Ministry, I've been really convicted to read and pray the Psalms. There is a Psalm for EVERY emotion we are feeling. When there's no words in side of us...go to the Psalms. Use the psalmist's words. I've just started focusing on reading and reflecting on 4-5 verses each day. It's seriously been really helpful.

1 Comments:

At 8:40 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

i read an interesting commentary on the psalms by yancey. he (in essence) said that a lot of people use the psalms like a grab bag. when you're feeling down, read a depressing psalm to match the mood. when you feel like praising God for creation, check out another one.

however, when we read the psalms in order it becomes an emotional roller coaster and it is hard to do. one minute you are praising God for His provision and the next you are asking Him to kill all your enemies.

I don't know how to read the psalms - they are a tricky book. do we treat them as poetry or strictly as inspired Word.

these are some of my thoughts. since i can't go seminary right now this is the best i can do.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home