Monday, August 28, 2006

Rain, Rain, Go Away...

It rained all day today in Grand Rapids. I did get a quick jog (but mostly I walked) in before the rains came. Despite the rain, I decided to run some errands; I went to the bookstore (but didn't by any books), drove around campus, went to Aldi's and Meijer (the Michigan form of Walmart), and opened a checking account. I met with my "student ambassador," which is a Calvin Seminary student who helps new students transition to life in GR and at the seminary. Her name is Rachel, and she has been such a blessing to me. She drew me a map of important places in GR like the grocery store and whatnot. We met for lunch, and she gave me some advice and tips about seminary life. I walked around the seminary, and it is werid to think that soon I'll be going to real classes there. I have spent quite a bit of time in the seminary before for various summer programs, but it kind of hit me that I'm going to be here for a long time. I met another seminary student named Ashely. She's my same age and graduated a semester early from Calvin College, so she already has taken some classes at the seminary. I don't know her well yet, but I think her and I will get a long great! An added bonus is that she is also an Masters of Divinity student, so we'll be in a lot of the same classes. It will be so nice to have someone to sit by and chat with between classes.
I still in the process of unpacking or really even starting. Last night, I was too tired to start, and I ran errands all day. So, I know I should start unpacking, but I'm not in the mood. I need to get on it because I only have 2 more days until I start classes. Tomorrow it is supposed to stop raining, and hopefully I'll get a little more settled into life here.
If you look past the junk, this is the loft that I built....okay my dad did most of it. I helped hold the screws and whatnot. It turned out pretty awesome, it's so nice because it leaves a lot more floor space in the room.

All of the furniture was the right price....FREE! My friend Amy and my parents gave me a chair, the loft, shelves, a dresser, and an end table. So everything is a little random but it works!

2 Comments:

At 4:56 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

sarah, the place looks great! i am a little jealous that you are going to be going to school again - i want to go back to school!

the rain is staying at bay mostly here - i have only had to have two PE classes in the chapel. last year it was like every other one.

last nite the power went out again. it has been happending a lot lately. anyway, i remembered how a "friend" of ours used to yell profanities to himself when ever the power went out. ahh, the memories.

oh, joel and kristen are officialy official. he came to visit and we didn't see her at all. they will probably get married soon. crazy how this stuff works out. chow!

 
At 5:05 PM, Blogger deleted blog said...

sarah, i hope you've had a good start to the semester at calvin sem. things at dordt are going alright. sometimes i feel like it's strange being here and other times it's like i've never left for the summer. anyway, i'll talk to you later.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home