Wednesday, March 21, 2007

The Sermon....

I gave my first full sermon on Luke 19:1-10 which is the story about Zacchaeus. I got through it! Thanks for all of your prayers and support. The process of writing it was really draining but good. I got some really helpful feed back from it. There were positive things about the sermon and areas where I need to revise and work on. The two professors that teach the class were really encouraging me to develop my gifts. There are aspects that will be able to carry over to my teaching, but writing a sermon and delivering is still very different from. I have to preach in a month on April 19. I have to choose a narrative text from the Old Testament. I think I'm going to do the story of Ehud in Judges 3. The story has always interested me. Anyways, I better go I have a big Greek quiz for Friday.


4 Comments:

At 9:55 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

we just had a chapel on ehud. jason liechty did it - the students loved it! of course it was full of gross details and sword fights. who doesn't love that stuff.

preach it girl!

 
At 12:12 PM, Blogger mike kramer said...

sweet. first sermon. thats pretty cool. im on vacation now, and before i left, my mom gave me a pretty good sermon on what not to do. i'll bet yours was better listened to.

 
At 7:01 AM, Blogger Rachel:) said...

Sarah, i am so proud of you! It is good to hear that you are doing well in Seminary and even preaching! WOW! I knew u were going to do awsome! Have a good day!

 
At 4:01 PM, Blogger Jess said...

hey girl!
congrats on the sermon -- your posts about seminary make me both excited and nervous. how are you surviving? ahhh! no matter what, life takes work, huh?
you still looking for a roommate next semester?
cheers my friend. it's been too long:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home