Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Athens...

I landed in Athens at 2:30am today. I am just glad I got here. The subway to get to the aiport shut down while I was on it, and I was not sure that I would get to the airport in time. Since being on my own I have had horrible luck trying to get to my destinations due to missing the train by 20 seconds, not being able to get a hold my hosts for the city, and whatnot. But I am here. I slept in the aiport on the floor until 7am and took the bus into the city. I reached the city center and then met up with my couch surfing host. His name is Thanos, and so far he has been very hospitable. I think it will be a great visit. I can even read some of the words on the signs thanks to Dr. Wiema's Greek class. Well okay, I can sound out the words and I've recognized like 3 so far, but it's better than nothing.
Oh yeah, this post is for Albert and Kees. Angie and I stayed in Utrecht with one of my friend's brothers. It was a really good time. We got away from the business of Italy and Amsterdam. Also we went to one of the best choir concerts; it was the Death Mass...it was powerful with amazing soloists, orchestra, and large choir. After the concert we got a tour of the city and got to ride home on the back of 2 bicyles. Okay I better go...

1 Comments:

At 2:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's better! I'm flying out in 2 days, and hope to see you if the couch-surfers don't get to you. Haha!

But seriously, hope things are going well. Stay safe...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home