Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Florence

Hey Everyone,
I am still alive. Within the last 24 hours I have climbed about 1000 steps. Yesterday, I climbed to the top of St. Peter's Basillica in the Vactian. The view was breathtaking of Rome. The church was gigantic and beautiful with all of the art inside of it.
We are in Florence now. It is beautiful minus the smog in the background. Our camping hostel (we sleep in tents without electricty) overlooks the city of Florence. The view is amazing. Today Michelangelo's David. Wow! It is huge...the I did not realize the scale that it was. It was surreal to see it in person after seeing so many images in books. I climbed 500 steps to Michelangelo's lanter at the top of the Duomo in the Cattedrale Di Santa Maria Del Fiopre. Again the artwork was amazing. Tomorrow, we leave for Munich and and then for Amsterdam. Wow. I cannot believe how the time has flown...

2 Comments:

At 7:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. Seriously that is way cooler than anythign I have done in a long time. :) sweetness.
Sam

 
At 2:41 PM, Blogger sarah said...

so cool sar. so jealous. can't wait to see some pics! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home