Friday, May 18, 2007

We made it!

I am safe and sound in Bern, Switzerland. Angie and I just checked into our hostel and are feeling a little better about life. We had to spend 2.5 hours in McDonalds because our hostel was not open until 3pm and our backs were hurting from carrying our luggage. It was one of the longest 2.5 hours because we spent the entire time trying to keep ourselves awake. At least there was a tennis game playing on the flat screens. We wanted to keep ourselves awake until 9pm tonight to get on the time schedule here. I soon realized after trying to put my change in my money belt serveral times and then having the change roll down my pant legs that there was a large hole in it. Actually like two thirds of the seam had been undone. Luckily nothing fell out. We are planning on just taking it easy tonight by staying in for the night, and then we leave for Rome tomorrow.
Update to the post: It is 9:15 and I am not even tired yet. I hope to beat this jet lag quickly. Also, I made 2 new friends at the hostel. This adventure had a rocky start, but it is definately shaping up!

1 Comments:

At 11:30 AM, Blogger pez4brian said...

Can you get me a Rome shot glass? Actually, any kicknacky-piece-of-kitsch would be great.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home