Thursday, May 31, 2007

Okay...

My first day in Athens. I met my host Thanos, and I was a little off balance with everything because I had not had a good night of rest. I don't even have to sleep on the couch, I got my own room-which is great! After showering and unpacking my things everything started to look up. We went to the Acropolis (which is a big hill) that the Parthenon is located and walked around the grounds. There was an awesome view of the city because the city surrounds the hill. The city of Athens is realtively new, and the buildings are only 40-50years old.
After the Acropolis, we went to the Natioal Archaeological Museum that is filled with artifacts from 4000 years ago...or so they say. It's crazy to think about even if the things are "only" 2000 years old. Then we went back to the apartment that Thanos shares with his sister and his parents live upstairs. His mother cooked us a Greek Feast of stuffed zucchni, cauliflower, and bread with red wine from the Northern part of Greece. After dinner, we went to a outdoor Jazz Festival. In Italy, I had told my friend Angie that I really wanted to sit on the back of an Italian scooter because they are everywhere! But sadly, I never got the chance, but last night Thanos took me to the concert on the back of his motorcyle. So that is close right? The concert was great. We stayed for 2 acts. The first act was the Athens Big Band and the second was a trio of Belgians. Well I better go and try to reserve my ferry ticket because I am going to the Greek Island of Paros for 2.5 days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home