Thursday, February 02, 2006

This week, I have been taking on a lot of teaching responsibilities, which has been very stressful and tiring. I think the “newness of teaching” has started to wear off a little bit. After a class goes well, I feel like I want to teach for the rest of my life, but other times I feel like I don’t know how I can possibly get through the day. I am looking forward to the weekend to rest and reenergize for the next couple of weeks. In the next 2.5 weeks, I am going to take on all of my supervising teacher’s responsibilities. I am a little nervous for the work load, but I know everything will turn out fine. Through my student teaching experience, I realize that I enjoy teaching older children (10th-12th grade) instead of junior high school. I really enjoy teaching the Bible 12 class because the class is structured around class discussion. Many of the students do not have a relationship with God, and they are searching for answers. At times, I feel quite inadequate to answer students’ questions, but I have to step back and remember that God is going to work through me. I don’t have to have all of the right answers right away in class, which is comforting!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home