Sunday, August 13, 2006

Update the good and the bad...

Sorry it's been so long since I've actually written anything on here. Don't worry I didn't die or anything. Here's a run down of my life.
Last Wednesday I got to reconnect with an old friend. Tom Dykstra was passing through town as he was making the trek from Florida to Washington state. We ate some awesome Thai food, plus I got out of work for a while. Last Thursday/Friday my dad and I moved some things into my apartment in Grand Rapids. We made a sweet loft/desk/shelf combo the week before. I helped take some screws out of some boards, but basically my dad engineered and made everything. At least I painted it all myself. My roommates seem pretty cool, and the apartment isn't as bad as I thought it was going to be the only problem that I forsee is that the one small bathroom will be hard to schedule in time with 6 girls living there. The neighborhood is a slightly shady, but there is a nice park across the streeet from our house.
Last night at work, I lost$20 at work. I think it fell out of my apron pocket during the night, and someone just picked it up. So that put me in a bit of a sad mood the rest of the night.
I only have to work 9 more days!!!! And only 7 more days at Vermeer Manufacturing. I'm ready to not have to get up for work at 5:30am and work until 9:30 at night. I'm not going to have a job for the first 2 quarters of school. I have had a job all my life since I was 14...it's going to be a werid experience.
Oh and lastly, my finanacial aid from my church and Classis Pella is going to be approved in September. I was a worried for a bit because all of my information was lost by the chair person of the comittee, but it's all working out.
Well I guess that is all that is happening in my life right now.

3 Comments:

At 5:59 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

sarah, thanks for the update. i tried to send you an email but your dordt address is no longer there. sadness.

when i passed out the anatomy there was a "smatherly" moment. on the cover of the book is a girl climbing up the side of the mountain. she is looking tough and athletic like with her long hair and sporty clothes. one student said "hey, who does this remind you of?" i looked at it and thought - surely they cannot be talking about me. "i donna know."

"miss matherly - doesn't it look like her? ahh, i want to play tennis!"

you are remembered

 
At 7:54 AM, Blogger Tom said...

so that's what I am now--an old friend? :)

 
At 12:05 PM, Blogger Mike E said...

Michigan is a beautiful place... You can drop $20 in front of me any day Sarah. I might give some of it back to you. Hey I am excited to see you again. Peace and Love

 

Post a Comment

<< Home